but we need to start recruiting “the mob” (aka our vast fan base of loyal friends who want to come watch DR break all of his long bones)… my parents were talking it up at a cocktail party the other night, but doubt that the majority of omaha will show, day of. fan club?!
(p.s. your resident PR playa is v. impressed with your nice little saturday. and your dedication to the blog. DR… you rule)
time for the flight diet to start.
- went to no less than 3 hardware stores, found inspiration in a wheel barrow.
- befriended the guy at the bike store… possible sponsorship? at least found our wheels
- found a machine shop for us…with experience in building designing ultralite crafts
- ate a burrito the size of a normal person’s head. (smaller than my head)
- took apart a bike wheel, lost parts, put it back together and gave it back to the owner
- build plan is next on the agenda.
- bed bath and beyond, maybe the olive garden. I dunno, we’ll see if we have time.
As is our ever growing list of sponsors… GREAT salesmanship/ism/esque behavior… you may be the MOST special captain ever…
Now if our engineer would get his act together… and LNR would start teaching us all virtual spanish lessons (oh! theme song?!)… and Nick would do something… ANYTHING… we would be all set (me? Uhhhh… thinking about skanksters and moberati-esque costumes and theatrical performances… game face). Guess I could try the whole “PR” thing too…
so far the search for a real 1930 cadillac has been unsuccesful, despite nb seeing a caravan of them on belmont.
auto museum - no
resorted to emailing the president of a car club. 99.9% certain that he has no clue what a flugtag is and probably just thinks I’m special.
- DR: Ruth is excited... [after finding "costumes" for the girls]
- KMH: What is Ruth’s deal!? First bikinis… now skank-sters? Shouldn’t she be on our side?
- NB: Gangbangers.
- JWO: Well played.
- DR: She just wants people to like us... everyone loves skanksters.
- JWO: I still like gangbangers better.
- NB: So does Ruth.
- DR: Ruth suggests that during our Flugtag routine, one of the girls dresses gets caught on the car and tears off leaving her standing in a bikini... so you and Lindsey need to do some paper rock scissors action to figure it out.
- KMH: I have to agree with Ruth, that would probably be a real crowd pleaser if either of us were even remotely interested in getting in a bikini in front of thousands of people.
- KMH: I could go for a cupcake.
- DR: I'm going to plummet to my death for the team. You can at least wear a bikini for it.
- Apparently, Dillinger has nothing to do with Capone outside of being notorious and a prominent Chicago figure in the 30’s.
- The lady in red was actually wearing a orange dress.
- Despite his murderous antics, Alphonse had a soft side that included getting milk to kids so they don’t get rickets and sending ridiculous amounts of flowers to his murdered enemies’ funerals. Quality guy.
- Home alone gangster scenes.. angels with filthy souls, and angels with filthier souls. not real movies. sad